Monday, June 30, 2008

Really? July starts tomorrow?

Hello everyone...After Ray had pulled my teeth last week at an Osprey game I finally decided to figure this thing out. And while it looks like you guys are doing things much cooler than what I've been getting into, this summer hasn't been bad at all. Working in the sports department at KECI has been pretty legit. It is definitely more fun when the Osprey are in town, but its not that bad when they are on the road either. On days with a slow sports schedule in Missoula, I go in and archive all these old Betta tapes from the 80's on to a dvd. While it is quite boring to dub and write down all the things on the tapes, the style of sportscasting from the early and mid 80's keeps me very entertained....We could NEVER get away with some of that stuff today.....When there is stuff going on in town (usually Osprey games) I love it....I get to the stadium around 6:30 for a 7:00 game. head down to the field to get some establishers and shoot the bull with some of the coaches. Last week I found out the O's manager live two doors down from Big Papi in the Dominican during the off season...stuff like that....these guys all have great baseball stories....So then I head back up to the press box for the game. Nice and air conditioned with all the normal press box perks. shoot the game till about 9:15 -9:30 then head back to edit the tape and write a shot sheet. Sometimes we have to send the game highlights to our affiliates so I'm getting pretty well versed in the world of FTP as well. Once video is sent and the scripts are in I'm usually out the door....But as some of you on the facebook set know every now and then I get some anchoring experience in as well......Its been fun for sure...and great experience. If any of you guys are in town and suffering from the heat, you can always come cool off at the McMansion....Peace!

2 comments:

Breanna Roy said...

about time mr. mcdonald...

University of Montana Radio-Television Department said...

Thanks Greg. I hope you didn't use me as your establisher that night.