Sunday, June 22, 2008

nose to the grindstone

Work was hectic last week! We are getting ready for a two week dark week. (in case you don't know a dark week is where we do not produce any tv shows during that time). That means we have taped six shows a week. I get to see a lot of crazy sketches, and have killed many trees getting everyone their scripts. I feel like I am getting to know the people at the show a lot better, as well as the other interns. I got to sit in on a talent meeting this week where me and another intern pitched our ideas for potential show guests. It fascinated me listen to the talent coordinators pitch thier own ideas. I felt honored when the show's producer complimented us interns for doing our "homework". Although none of our ideas were used we may get to sit in on another meeting hopefully. I am going home for the next two dark weeks so in preparation I have been doing research for more guests, and as always, making lots of coffee. I'll send some California sunshine your way Melissa and Bre, it was 115 in Bakersfield this weekend.

until next week,
Holly

No comments: