Friday, June 5, 2009

Week three...DONE

I'm close to the halfway point here in Honolulu. Still have about another month down here maybe less. Shot another interview at the salvation army today. The women we interviewed worked more directly with the clients than the last interview. I think we may do one more interview next week and then I'll have to decide what kind of shots I'll need to get to tell this story. Its gonna be extremely challenging shooting at a place like ATS (addiction treatment services). Obviously everyone there is in some stage of recovery from either drugs or alch. Meth or Ice as they call it here in the islands, is even a worse problem here then in Montana. Its a side of Hawaii you don't really here about unless you watch Dog the Bounty hunter (stay off that ice bruh). ATS is located on the Pali Highway which runs right through the mountains to the other side of the island. Its nestled right against the mountain and surrounded my some of Hawaii's most lush vegetation. At first glance it may appear more like a vacation spot then a place where addicts go to get clean. I was told that it would be highly unlikely, but if by chance I saw someone in there I knew, I was not to approach them or speak to them. Next week i'll be going through the interviews and getting soundbytes. Sound familiar? Tommorow I'm helping to shoot footage at a graduation and the dreaded "WEDDING"!!! Luckily I don't have to edit that....

No comments: