Sunday, June 28, 2009

My internship is Pau already....


This was my 7th time visiting the islands and my second this year. But this was by far the best time I've had there because of the internship. My time in Honolulu came to and end last Wed. I put in work that morning and was on a plane to Seattle for a 12 hour layover by 2pm. By the way Hawaiian airlines is the S*%t, even though they misplaced my bag. Had a feeling my luggage would get lost with a layover that long, but I was happy to come back to Montana and not freeze to death. My internship was a great experience. and I see now why doing was is important in our field. If I ever want to move to Hawaii I've got work now, and if not I have a great reference for the future. My last day of work I tried to upload some of the work I did, but experienced technical difficulties, so I won't be able to share with anybody right now. I did make a couple DVDs for me and for the Rays. I'd probably say that the best part of my internship was shooting that wedding. I think thats what I'd like to do for a career actually. I got your support right Ekness? A close second was my time spent up at the addiction treatment services. It was a hard story to tell and an even harder story to get footage for, which was a great learning tool. I also learned a lot about addiction and met some amazing people, and heard some amazing stories. A very uplifting place actually.
I hope the rest of everyones internships go well for them. You were all in my thoughts often down there. Shoots then....

No comments: