Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Show Must Go On

So week two is just about in the books, which means I can sleep in for two days.  But this week has been pretty much the same as every other week so far.  I am finding now that the things that used to be the most difficult for me are becoming enjoyable rather than extremely stressful.  I know this may sound kind of strange but I really enjoy TDing.  There is a great responsibility involved which makes it fun and challenging at times.  We just ended our sweeps period last week, so I am patiently waiting to see what the results are.  I would hate to fall behind KECI for a second period in a row.  I also had a very eventful day a few days ago, when all the power in our entire building went out halfway through the show, talk about stressful.  I would say we were out of commission for about 15 minutes before we were able to get all of our computers up and running in the control room, but I'm pleased to say we got back on air before our show was scheduled to be finished and closed it out with flying colors.  I have heard a million times from people in the business that I should always prepare for the worst and expect the unexpected...after our little power problem I will definitely abide by that advice ha ha.  Well I hope everyone is having a great summer, that's the good word from KPAX.

No comments: