Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Glad to work near beaches...

Start of my 4th week here in sunny Honolulu. Have forgotten long ago I'm only here temporarily and Montana is really my home. Have been busy here in the office/editing room. Doing small projects for people on my Laptop. Becoming a whiz at final cut. Experiencing technical difficulties that seem to follow us all in this line of work hopefully and not just me. Thankful I can unwind at the beach after a long day here. When I got this internship and Ray Ekness checked the website he asked me please not spend my entire time here doing weddings. Well I shot my first and hopefully only one this weekend the Kahala resort. Its a place I had no business being in. Everything was immaculate. On the way to the shoot I passed a lagoon that had four or five dolphins in it. Yet even in all its overwhelming beauty, I couldn't help but think about how many wedding here were just a carbon copy of the last one. This one was no different. Today I had the chance to go to this manufactured paradise and help with another wedding. I declined. Say word....

No comments: