Saturday, July 12, 2008

Multi-tasking

Well, the Mt Sentinel fire is contained and left a pretty big black mark on the mountain. The cause was two kids playing with matches and a phone book. A lit page got away and started a small fire that escalated into over 300 acre fire. Hopefully this is not an omen for the fire season that, thankfully, has not started yet.
Today, I got my first lesson in the art of multi-tasking. I ended up td-ing and running the audio board for the 5:30 news. Shockingly, I still have no idea how, I didn't screw up, on either end. My brain was pretty much on auto pilot for both of them, my hands hitting buttons left and right without me thinking about which buttons and why I was hitting them,and I honestly don't think my brain started working again until I sat in my car to drive home at six thirty. Nick and Toni, the former td's at KPAX, made doing both look easy, but its so not. You don't have time to think about what to do next, you just listen to the director and hope to hell your fingers on the right buttons. I pray I don't have to do it again!

No comments: