Tuesday, July 22, 2008

KHQ...

Hey Guys...

Still at KHQ...not much "breaking news" here lately except for the Valley View fire a little over a week ago. That was pretty fun (Sad for the homeowners but good news) I filmed a couple in's and out's hopefully for a tape with Paola...and then when the press release came out that the Dr. wasn't going to be held responsible I got to go out with a reporter anchor and photog we knocked on her door and when we were about to leave a man and woman drove up and told us we were trespassing and asked us to leave with no communication so that was good experience for me...cuz apparently what she told us was lawyer talk and then also that its better to ask for forgivness and permission :)

I've been shadowing one of the fox anchors here Bill McGinty quite a bit lately...and he has been so helpful! He showed me a lot of stories he had done and that other reporters he worked with have done and he's been going over my scripts with me and teaching me ways to "build up" a story...

So all in all I'm still having a great time, learning lots and lots left to learn...I can't believe that it's already the end of July....Hope everyone's having a great summer!

No comments: