Thursday, May 29, 2008

Week Number 2 At Loopline

Frankly, I don't think I could have picked a better time to be here in Ireland with this company. The project I mentioned in my last posting (the artist Brian O'Doherty 'burying' his alter-ego Patrick Ireland) has transformed into a major short-term project for Loopline. The goal is to quickly produce a film within the next few months to hopefully premier at a master class on filmmaking which would be attended by O'Doherty himself! So it's possible that while I'm here I will have seen almost the complete arc of a film being made, from shooting done the first days of my internship, to production now, and on to completion potentially before I leave. 
I helped scan newspaper articles on the event (including a several page article from the New York Times) to include in an emergency funding proposal sent to different financiers yesterday. This thing was a bigger deal than I originally thought, and here I am thrust straight into the middle of it. And hey, I'm almost done logging all the tape!

Anyway, I'm doing great. This place keeps me constantly busy and engaged, and I really feel part of something kind of important. I could get used to this...

Take care all,

Dan

No comments: