Monday, June 7, 2010

Day Numbero Uno


So at Aspect for the first day on the job. Pleasantly surprised upon coming to work this morning to find out that this is a paid internship. Yes, I was shocked as well since most get paid nothing (Sorry Drew Stanley!) So my official title is a runner, which is the starter job here. My fellow co-runners (Christine, Brandon, Zoe, and Jon) are at the beck and call for anything that needs to be run to studios.  Also, we burn DVDs after they have been completed by the editors. Got to check out some stuff the editors completed today for the studios heads to watch. Today so far I've helped do a lunch and a birthday cake run. Yes, birthday cake run, you heard right. I've observed it's a very laid back working environment, and everybody is helpful to show me the ropes.  I think there is going to be a lot of down time waiting for stuff to come through, they just finished up the Shrek campaign so they have slowed down a bit. 
As far as the other runners, most are graduates from film schools. Two from USC that I know of. 

I've been invited to a little dinner that's being thrown by a friend Aria of m MSU students that have just moved here. There is a lot of MSU students here, a handful of people I know from MSU. Will keep you posted one the adventures to come at Aspect, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for celebrity run ins! 

No comments: